Twilight Park Day Camp Covid Protocols at a Glance
Protocols will be updated prior to camp with current NYS camp requirements
● Vaccinations - All staff and volunteers with potential contact with campers or parents will be fully vaccinated. Campers 5 and older will be fully vaccinated
○ The Assistant Health Director will review all medical forms and vaccination information before the campers and staff arrive
● Daily Check in Process - All Campers will have a health check before entering the Camp House or Club House lawn. Health check may include a temperature check and questions about potential exposures and symptoms. Campers not passing a health check will not be able to attend camp that day.
● Cleaning and disinfecting protocols are in place and used to train staff.
○ Cleaning and disinfecting logs are posted in all indoor areas requiring cleaning and disinfecting and where sports equipment and craft supplies are used
○ Cleaning and disinfecting of an area will not be done for 24 hours, when feasible, once a camper or staff member has tested positive of COVID-19.
● Masks Masks will not be required for staff or campers. If you want your camper to wear a mask please let us know.
● COVID Symptoms - Any camper or staff member who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms will be seen in the Health Center by the Assistant Health Director
○ When a camper or staff tests positive for COVID the local Health Department will be notified. Contact tracing protocols will be followed and appropriate camper parents notified
○ Campers testing positive for COVID or in close contact with persons having COVID can return to camp after completing quarantine and release procedures
○ Staff and campers will be encouraged not to attend Camp when feeling ill.
● Hand hygiene - Frequent and thorough hand hygiene for staff and campers will be encouraged, and handwashing and sanitizer will be readily available throughout camp
● Camper and Staff Agreements - Campers will be encouraged to follow all safety guidelines found in their Camper Agreement and staff will follow the requirements of their Staff Agreement